I'm afraid we lost Muncher (I named the caterpillar, I'm sorry...). I think he/she was picked up by a bird for breakfast. :-(
The garden centre we went to last week had some pots of Rosemary. The Captain and I got quite excited at this...Cap'n because he could grow it right by the barbeque, pick it and put it fresh on the lamb leg; me, because I had a beautiful rosemary bush growing outside the front door of our house in Sussex. (Remember, E and R!??) I rubbed the leaves on my hand and it instantly took me back to the old house. All I need now is some Lavender and it'll be home from home!! Not quite, hey...!
I've got hold of Anne Love's much-thumbed-already book 'Gardening in Oman and the UAE'. Again, thumbs up to OPNO. Me at the garden centre: show picture of Carissa macrocarpa (Natal Plum): "do you have this?"Canna Indica (Indian Shot) on the opposite page: "do you have this?" Had to stop there, planning hasn't really been a massive feature of the back wasteland project, it is more, well...evolving! I seem to garden with the book in one hand, a trowel in the other and the poor plant at my feet. I put 'em in and see what happens!
![]() |
| Almost complete kids tent in background, bougainvillea along the line and ixora in the pot |
![]() |
| A new leaf (one of a few) on the lemon tree. Look for the dark leaf-shape in the centre. |
![]() |
| A freshly mown lawn! |
Which made me think, rather randomly and maybe in my dazed state after Boot Camp one morning, but aren't all plants, flowers and trees weeds...I mean, they must have originally been growing in a free, wild state before humans cultivated and controlled them? Or have I missed some vital horticultural sciencey bit?





1 comment:
Wow your garden is looking amazing, and in such a short space of time, very impressed.xx
Post a Comment