Wednesday, 12 January 2011

Day 3 of Boot Camp

We focused on stomach and core muscles today. Some I could do well but others I could barely lift my legs off the ground! The running is still good - the guys set up two distances; one three metres longer than the other. I've been running the shorter distances but will give myself one more day and then move to the longer distances. We have to do an exercise, run to the first line, do the same exercise, run to the second line, do the exercise and run to the third line.

I've buddied up with a Norwegian girl, she's doing Boot Camp with her mum. But she calls me her hero and I call her mine! We seem to pushing each other and making each other sprint from the last line. I remember trying to encourage another girl in the evening camp on the first session but I think she was ready to plant my face in the sand so I kept quiet! So my Norwegian pal is happy to be encouraged and so am I.

I am not aching anymore, and I do not feel stiff. I just felt really tired this morning. But once I got going and got into the exercises, the adrenaline kicks in and it was just great fun again. The sea was gorgeous again. I did have a migraine when I got home though and another one this evening...absolutely no idea why...I wondered if I strained my neck doing the crunches.

We're off to the desert this weekend. Can't wait, I just hope I'm migraine free. We were invited to the South African Guild of Oman's annual desert trip to the Empty Quarter but we can't make it this year. I was so keen, I was hoping I could pick up a geod...but looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer again!

Have a good weekend/end of week whatever applies to you! x

No comments: