Day 6
It was test day today and I could only do the push-ups and sit-ups properly. All the other exercises involved straining my heel. I was walking throughout but I made sure I walked all the same distances that the others were running.
I didn’t realise how serious an Achilles heel injury could be; at least 6 months recovery if it goes. I just thought footballers were such tarts… Incidentally I am doing 39% more push-ups after 2 weeks, sit-ups remain the same so I need to work on that.
Very funny though...we were being 'entertained' whilst we were working out. 3 young Omanis in the tightest swimming shorts were basically frolicking in the sea, having running races, standing on each other's shoulders etc whilst the other videoed them. I say entertained...it was more a case of them thinking they're putting on a show for us when in actual fact we were really not paying attention. Except to make sure they weren't videoing us on the sly! HOWEVER, get this....we are all facing the sea in a line ready to do the exercises and run in. The three lads swagger...and I mean swagger...along the beach BETWEEN us and the instructors!!!! Oh, we laughed!
A message to those boys - we are a group of about 20 women know affectionately as 'The Desperate Housewives', ranging between mid-twenties and early-sixties I'd say, all in various states of fitness and stamina...majority if not all married, with kids...we really are very much NOT interested! COME ON, we had sand in our hair and on our faces, said-hair pointing in various directions, sunglasses askew, name bibs up round our ears...thinking about what to make the children for dinner takes over watching you strut your stuff. Although it was very amusing, thank you for the distraction.
Day 7
A little steadier but it still aches to run on my heel. However, it hurts more as I seem to supinate (roll my foot out when running) putting strain on my ankle. And, yes, it eased when I rolled my foot inwards at each step. Hmmm....
I'm already wondering what I'm going to be like when I finish this Boot Camp. I really am going to miss it and am thinking about signing up again. If I don't, I have to make sure I do some fitness three times a week. On that note the Captain thinks I should get a heart rate monitor like his so I can set up a program and make sure I do set amount of phys every week in certain areas, cardio, fat burn etc I think. So that might make me feel better!
It was test day today and I could only do the push-ups and sit-ups properly. All the other exercises involved straining my heel. I was walking throughout but I made sure I walked all the same distances that the others were running.
I didn’t realise how serious an Achilles heel injury could be; at least 6 months recovery if it goes. I just thought footballers were such tarts… Incidentally I am doing 39% more push-ups after 2 weeks, sit-ups remain the same so I need to work on that.
Very funny though...we were being 'entertained' whilst we were working out. 3 young Omanis in the tightest swimming shorts were basically frolicking in the sea, having running races, standing on each other's shoulders etc whilst the other videoed them. I say entertained...it was more a case of them thinking they're putting on a show for us when in actual fact we were really not paying attention. Except to make sure they weren't videoing us on the sly! HOWEVER, get this....we are all facing the sea in a line ready to do the exercises and run in. The three lads swagger...and I mean swagger...along the beach BETWEEN us and the instructors!!!! Oh, we laughed!
A message to those boys - we are a group of about 20 women know affectionately as 'The Desperate Housewives', ranging between mid-twenties and early-sixties I'd say, all in various states of fitness and stamina...majority if not all married, with kids...we really are very much NOT interested! COME ON, we had sand in our hair and on our faces, said-hair pointing in various directions, sunglasses askew, name bibs up round our ears...thinking about what to make the children for dinner takes over watching you strut your stuff. Although it was very amusing, thank you for the distraction.
Day 7
A little steadier but it still aches to run on my heel. However, it hurts more as I seem to supinate (roll my foot out when running) putting strain on my ankle. And, yes, it eased when I rolled my foot inwards at each step. Hmmm....
I'm already wondering what I'm going to be like when I finish this Boot Camp. I really am going to miss it and am thinking about signing up again. If I don't, I have to make sure I do some fitness three times a week. On that note the Captain thinks I should get a heart rate monitor like his so I can set up a program and make sure I do set amount of phys every week in certain areas, cardio, fat burn etc I think. So that might make me feel better!
No comments:
Post a Comment