Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Day 5 of Boot Camp; floating book fair

OWWWWEEEE OWWWWEEEE OWWWEEEE!!!

I am sitting writing this with my heel in ice….I don’t think it’s too bad but it’s definitely my Achilles heel niggling me.

This is following a super Boot Camp sesh last night. Not a big group last night, about 10 of us. Face-Plant Girl wasn’t there. They are definitely a quicker and faster group. I’m pleased that I could match their speed; I even did a couple of sprints, but to my detriment I think. Maybe I pushed a bit too far.

It aches a little going up and down stairs and if I walk too quickly. I’ve emailed the organiser (I want to write Camp Leader but it might give the wrong idea!) and he said to rest it and put it in ice, alternating with heat. And if I was to go to the next session (tomorrow. Which I am) then I’m not to run or do lunge exercises. I’m pleased with my running at this stage so it’s a bit disappointing…but still.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I took the children to see the book fair on Logos Hope in Port Sultan Qaboos. It sounded a novel idea, having a floating book fair. There is more to it which to me did not seem really clear at first, why would a boat just take books around the world? I just thought it was a novelty and a fundraiser. Although not sure what funds they would raise after having to pay for fuel, salaries, food etc.! I must have missed an information display when I went aboard because there was nothing obvious telling me what the aim of the ship was. The motto was ‘knowledge, help and hope’ so maybe this should have given me a clue! There were lots of photos of the staff providing help around the world in various areas. So I’ve just Googled it and it’s a sea-faring church, basically! It was very, VERY popular; I queued for 1 hour and spent 20 minutes on the ship! I would like to have had longer to look at the books as they were so reasonably priced, which is the attraction too I guess. It was so, so busy though and I was concerned about keeping sight of the kids. But the kids really liked it and enjoyed the bus ride through the port too!

I did fancy staying in Muttrah for a rose milkshake and a schwarma…we haven’t done that for months! But time was against us and the kids have got a Beach Day (because they don’t spend enough time at the beach…) with school tomorrow so a decent early night was needed!

1 comment:

Clare G said...

Owwweeee, i'm feeling your pain right now. i'm currently icing a thigh strain - no running for me at the mo - bugger!!!!!!