Reading the UK papers today reaffirmed the fact that we are in a bit of a bubble in Oman. It is often said that you should give yourself a break from the news and all media etc for, say, a day a week to avoid the depression, oppression, gossip, hate, the general negativity of the majority of the news making the headlines…why not use this time to be positive and constructive…reconnect with the present (I’m a believer in this but often find myself with Al Jazeera on, or the Oman Times in front of me). We definitely have unintentionally broken that media habit since being in Oman. I think that contributes to the relaxed and calm lifestyle that we find ourselves in.
Anyway, one headline today in the UK tabloids:
I’m supping a glass of warm, rich Wolfblass now and intend to finish it with a flourish.
Big news…I’m starting new job in September. I haven’t been mentally ready really up intil now. I’ve been using and relishing the time for me, developing skills, doing things for me. I realised last year that I needed a creative release otherwise I get frustrated and pent up.
However, I am ready (am I????) now to work fulltime again and in my new profession. Going back to Albom’s book again; he wrote down something that his old professor told him.
Any stories of your favourite teachers, whether at school, college, in life in general?
If anyone is interested the book is called ‘Tuesdays with Morrie’, by Mitch Albom published by Anchor Books.
Anyway, one headline today in the UK tabloids:
‘red wine increases breast cancer risk’…groan…I have not missed all this scaremongering whatsoEVER!!
I’m supping a glass of warm, rich Wolfblass now and intend to finish it with a flourish.
Big news…I’m starting new job in September. I haven’t been mentally ready really up intil now. I’ve been using and relishing the time for me, developing skills, doing things for me. I realised last year that I needed a creative release otherwise I get frustrated and pent up.
However, I am ready (am I????) now to work fulltime again and in my new profession. Going back to Albom’s book again; he wrote down something that his old professor told him.
“Devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.”I'm honestly quite nervous, a little anxious, worried my kids will lose out on my attention and patience. teaching can be hard work, draining, frustrating. But I need to take a check every now and then to remember what I am doing. Giving something back. Offering something. Contributing to the community. And where would we be without teachers.
Any stories of your favourite teachers, whether at school, college, in life in general?
If anyone is interested the book is called ‘Tuesdays with Morrie’, by Mitch Albom published by Anchor Books.
No comments:
Post a Comment