Wednesday, 22 June 2011

UK trip update - Day 5

Time to start the road trip! Well, it’s the three-fifths version of the Mitchell Road Trip…just missing Daddy Mitchell and Betty Red!

I knew one of the things I wanted to do was to wander round the lanes of Brighton. Not sure what I was expected with two tired kids in tow. We were all tired and cold so it wasn’t much of a walk. We did pass a cupcake shop a couple of times and three pairs of eyes lit up!

So we finished up with a cupcake pudding on the beach. I was exhausted after only 2 hours sleep – C is really suffering with a cough and cold…he really is susceptible to anything respiratory. I suspect there’s an element of his wheeziness still that he had back in Oman, so he’s back on the Ventolin for a bit. So we were all tired but it was worth the effort, we cought some gorgeous cupcakes from a shop on the Meeting House Lane and ate them on the beach. We loved it. More often than not it’s so worth making the effort even if things seem tiresome or a bit too much…it was drizzling and very blustery but it felt so good! We just love the beach and the sea and somehow our sprits always get lifted when we see the sea.

So three tired but very happy Mitchells on a breezy, pebbly beach. We could have done with a 4th Mitchell but I wonder if he would have found it as fun as us!

And then finally it’s back to Uckfield – we met with two old school friends of Bear’s but others appeared! I popped into the school and bumped in to a few staff that I knew from when I did my teaching placements, the same time my little girl was at school here. I feel like I missed out on a period of Bear’s school there, almost that we left too early. But it’s changing quite a bit apparently. I miss them more than I realised and Bear just slotted back into place with the girls. As one of the mums said, it was like we never left.

No comments: