Well, I’ve been meaning to write about the captain’s trip to Everest Base camp for a few months now…he’s just left for the airport so I think I need to get on with it now!
And so I’m sitting here at 1am, Meem (my sister) left Saturday morning and hubby has just left…I feel a bit lost but have planned lots of jobs and the children are still on their school holidays so I should keep occupied!
So it all came about several months ago as we got to know our neighbours better. The neighbours [Wallaby and Kiwi until I think of better nicknames!] plus a friend in Dubai were planning to make this special trip to coincide with Wallaby’s 40th birthday. Plans were already in place for the trip and they were training by walking various hills in the area. I just mentioned to the guys that hubby would probably come along on their walks purely for exercise. And here we are…four men on their way to start a 15 day trek through the Himalayas towards EBC.
So my plan here is to use their itinerary along with Google Earth and post their anticipated progress. (I want him to write in our old travelpod blog…we’ll see). They’re all a bit concerned about how they will cope with altitude sickness, should they succumb to it. One of them is just getting over a bad fever so I hope he gets his strength back quickly and doesn’t pass his germs on to the others! Although seeing my husband’s medicine bag, I’m not sure any kind of bug will infiltrate his system! (Insha’Allah!)
Since the trip was officially confirmed and booked, not only have the men been more than preoccupied and permanently on the computer researching and ordering all amounts of gortex and walking poles and waterproof stuff (it’s even gone as far as silk underpants! I think I switched off at that point!) but the house has areas all over it with various backpacks and bags and medication and clothing (a range of under-, over- and outer-garments!). My regular need to shout ‘this house is a TIP!’ at my family falls on deaf ears and to be honest there’s absolutely nothing that I can do – I’ve had to work around it and so has my cleaner! She’s learnt to just leave things on the floor as she finds them if they’re anything to do with hubby. So if I can get one thing from the next few weeks it’ll be that my house will be blissfully tidy and homely and pretty again!
Plans for the next few weeks:
- Finish my ball dress (not going too well…:-( )
- Start my friends dress (hopefully a lot more successful!)
- Tidy the garden – bit of an endless task at the moment as all the Neem tree leaves are falling endlessly it seems. I’ve planted some ornamental palms too so one more needs to go in. I hope they grow quick
- Sort my Dad’s birthday present out
- Make thank you cards for C’s birthday presents
- Make a call to the VW Camper restorer in th UK…it’s all gone a bit quiet. :-/
More to be added of course. Remind me to spend some time with the kids, it’s the last week of their school holidays!
And so I’m sitting here at 1am, Meem (my sister) left Saturday morning and hubby has just left…I feel a bit lost but have planned lots of jobs and the children are still on their school holidays so I should keep occupied!
So it all came about several months ago as we got to know our neighbours better. The neighbours [Wallaby and Kiwi until I think of better nicknames!] plus a friend in Dubai were planning to make this special trip to coincide with Wallaby’s 40th birthday. Plans were already in place for the trip and they were training by walking various hills in the area. I just mentioned to the guys that hubby would probably come along on their walks purely for exercise. And here we are…four men on their way to start a 15 day trek through the Himalayas towards EBC.
So my plan here is to use their itinerary along with Google Earth and post their anticipated progress. (I want him to write in our old travelpod blog…we’ll see). They’re all a bit concerned about how they will cope with altitude sickness, should they succumb to it. One of them is just getting over a bad fever so I hope he gets his strength back quickly and doesn’t pass his germs on to the others! Although seeing my husband’s medicine bag, I’m not sure any kind of bug will infiltrate his system! (Insha’Allah!)
Since the trip was officially confirmed and booked, not only have the men been more than preoccupied and permanently on the computer researching and ordering all amounts of gortex and walking poles and waterproof stuff (it’s even gone as far as silk underpants! I think I switched off at that point!) but the house has areas all over it with various backpacks and bags and medication and clothing (a range of under-, over- and outer-garments!). My regular need to shout ‘this house is a TIP!’ at my family falls on deaf ears and to be honest there’s absolutely nothing that I can do – I’ve had to work around it and so has my cleaner! She’s learnt to just leave things on the floor as she finds them if they’re anything to do with hubby. So if I can get one thing from the next few weeks it’ll be that my house will be blissfully tidy and homely and pretty again!
Plans for the next few weeks:
- Finish my ball dress (not going too well…:-( )
- Start my friends dress (hopefully a lot more successful!)
- Tidy the garden – bit of an endless task at the moment as all the Neem tree leaves are falling endlessly it seems. I’ve planted some ornamental palms too so one more needs to go in. I hope they grow quick
- Sort my Dad’s birthday present out
- Make thank you cards for C’s birthday presents
- Make a call to the VW Camper restorer in th UK…it’s all gone a bit quiet. :-/
More to be added of course. Remind me to spend some time with the kids, it’s the last week of their school holidays!


2 comments:
.....and when your Man returns to the family
home make him keep it as tidy as you have it.
I have to so why should he get away with
it!!!!???? Hahahaha...!!!!
Haha! Thanks D...not an easy task though... x
Post a Comment