Rest Day in Namche
I bought Hubby a little notebook for him to sketch and note significant sites and thoughts. In it I wrote a couple of quotes from Buddha that I thought were appropriate to the occasion.
The guide in the itinerary mentions this and says that the journey is important, not the place of stay. Today is their rest day and they can wander as they please! Options include:
- walking to the hill above the village to the National Park HQ to see a stunning view of huge mountains including Mount Everest. The Sherpa cultural centre in the park HQ has an collection of Sherpa mountaineering items and photographs.
- They could go on a trip to Thame village;
- Those who are fit and acclimatising well could take a walk to the Everest View Hotel from where they could see Everest and Ama Dablam.
I’d be quite happy to just watch the people come and go and soak in the culture and the way of life here.
Namche Bazaar:
Namche Bazaar from above:
I bought Hubby a little notebook for him to sketch and note significant sites and thoughts. In it I wrote a couple of quotes from Buddha that I thought were appropriate to the occasion.
"It is better to travel well than to arrive."
The guide in the itinerary mentions this and says that the journey is important, not the place of stay. Today is their rest day and they can wander as they please! Options include:
- walking to the hill above the village to the National Park HQ to see a stunning view of huge mountains including Mount Everest. The Sherpa cultural centre in the park HQ has an collection of Sherpa mountaineering items and photographs.
- They could go on a trip to Thame village;
- Those who are fit and acclimatising well could take a walk to the Everest View Hotel from where they could see Everest and Ama Dablam.
I’d be quite happy to just watch the people come and go and soak in the culture and the way of life here.
Namche Bazaar:
Namche Bazaar from above:


No comments:
Post a Comment