26.1.11 - Day 9
It hurts a bit to run still. I’m not worried but more frustrated to be honest as I don’t know why it’s happening. It’s more through my heel now. Ice/heat packs haven't helped. I thought it was my new Birkenstocks making my feet ache...but that just doesn't ring true!
I’m running on my heels now, which is something. I couldn't run the last couple of sessions.
But it has been really aching. It seems to have spread around the sides now. The instructor has recommended heel inserts so as to lessen the impact. He says I run like him where I run heel to toe but very pronounced and on the side of my feet…oh, I can imagine the pictures you’re all conjuring up of how I run!!!! LOL!!!! So I’m going to look for those inserts and give them a go.
31.1.11 - Day 11
2.2.11 - Day 12
It hurts a bit to run still. I’m not worried but more frustrated to be honest as I don’t know why it’s happening. It’s more through my heel now. Ice/heat packs haven't helped. I thought it was my new Birkenstocks making my feet ache...but that just doesn't ring true!
Most of the ladies go for coffee after each boot camp session! After all that hard work, I really don’t like the thought of undoing it with a latte and a pastry as MUCH as all my friends know that that is what I love! Just not after a super hour of exercise! But today…Ingebjorg asked me to come for a coffee and I couldn’t say no ;-) She is just adorable and it’s a shame she isn’t staying in Oman for much longer. She’s a lot younger than me but we click. I think she has struggled to find friends of her own age here. (She is here with her Mum, Dad and sister). I mentioned there were a couple of younger girls on the evening session so maybe she’ll go to that one occasionally.
29.1.11 - Day 10
I’m running on my heels now, which is something. I couldn't run the last couple of sessions.
But it has been really aching. It seems to have spread around the sides now. The instructor has recommended heel inserts so as to lessen the impact. He says I run like him where I run heel to toe but very pronounced and on the side of my feet…oh, I can imagine the pictures you’re all conjuring up of how I run!!!! LOL!!!! So I’m going to look for those inserts and give them a go.
31.1.11 - Day 11
Silicon heel cups in. And what a difference already! So much more comfortable but still a residual ache. It must be my trainers. I have completed 2 half-marathons in my first decent pair of trainers without a problem. I have worn them out so I had to get new ones for Boot Camp and that’s when the problems started :-/
2.2.11 - Day 12
I went for the evening session…the instructor must have been in a bad mood…we were beasted!! But I actually think that they set the exercises according to the ability of the group. I am one of the fastest runners in the Desperate Housewives group but one of the last in the evening group :-( Not doing much for my confidence! However, I did better in the tests; not by much admittedly but heading the right way.
However, I still have foot pain BUT the difference is incredible with these heel cups. The pain I have I think must be residual so I really hope that goes soon. Full length inserts were suggested to at least support my high instep too.

No comments:
Post a Comment