Friday, 1 October 2010

Tut...not another one!

WOW! Here I am! I am yet another blogger in the world! Don't worry, I'm not a serious one -I will not be offering wonderfully articulated views and comments on the world's events and peoples. It's another way to say hi to my family and friends and try to make them more a part of our life here in Oman. Faceache is great for immediate 'hellos' and 'how are yous' but this I hope, will give a bit more detail - if anyone wants it of course! Thanks to Mrs. Marleyman who directed me and inspired me - she writes a blog for the very same reasons, having made a huge decision to move somewhere that wasn't quite on the family's doorstep anymore.

As an aside, I went to school with Mrs. Marleyman and we have got back in touch via good ol' FB. We had the same shoes at school...I'm embarrassed that I can't quite remember more than that!

Mum and I have started handwriting letters to each other. I went through a phase a few months ago of writing to a couple of my girlfriends in the UK and my Mum. It felt so therapeutic.... We rely so much on emails now that it's refreshing to see somebody's handwriting AND to actually write something apart from a shopping list! Trouble is, living here, mail takes at least 2 weeks most of the time. Bear still hasn't got her birthday card from Nanny and Grandad :-(  So she is still writing the letter, I'll look forward to receiving that.

Admiral Fallow has been playing most of this afternoon in the house....they were on the BBC Introducing Stage at T in the Park this year. We didn't see them until the highlights on tv. Just brilliant, really original and so refreshing. I am really missing British music. Two radio stations of varying quality here (not going to say anymore than that). So any suggestions for getting music here! We download albums into iTunes....but what I'd like to do is download British radio shows and play them on my MP3 player...(I'm not a Apple girl as Husband will tell you....although I could be tempted with an iPod...but then that would mean using the Mac more....oh, god I struggle with the Mac....). I digress - our Apple-Windows feuds are another post altogether. I don't think I can download shows, just 'listen again'. It's Zane Lowe on Radio 1 and Radcliffe and Maconie on Radio 2 in particular. A 25 minute podcast might do the trick but that's just a journey to school and back.

It was a lovely sunset here this evening. The cloud formation reminded me a little of the clouds I saw when Husband drove me to the hospital when I was in labour with Bear. Except then, it was at night time!


Looking west from our roof

 
A few minutes later

Well, another weekend over :-( It was a peaceful one with a party at the pool yesterday and a chilled day today. Have planned school for most of the week...I've only got 2 weeks left! Husband is back home Monday...inshallah.

Good luck for the Hammers tomorrow...God knows they need it....

1 comment:

Clare said...

Hey Nat - yay am I the first to comment? The blog looks great so far! I see what you mean about the scrolling background? Strange - if it gets annoying, perhaps try a slightly different template and pick the same background and see if it does it there too? Good Luck with this - I too do not offer any major views on politics or current events in my blog, just the happenings in my life for friends and family to check out.
Take Care
C
xx