Monday, 2 February 2009

First full day

Husband was due to restart his course tomorrow but he was asked to go today. I met next door - they have been here a couple of months I think. She said it was a process of slowly settling and found it quite tough at times. Her youngest daughter is beside herself with being here so that's contributed to the slow settling. I think it is best to do these things the younger the children are - this opportunity definitely came up at the right time for us.

Bear has not been too happy with the heat. And this is their winter! (Although it has been quite warm by all accounts) Hopefully it's just a case of her acclimatising. Will she be ok for school tomorrow? As the day wore on this was not the case! She definitely won't be going to school! She seemed to just get more hyperactive the more tired she became! We made it to the beach in the evening thought and this seemed to focus them both. We all paddled in the Indian Ocean! How lush!!!

We've had the first case of hair touching! Bear had hers touched when she went out with Husband yesterday. When we went out earlier today, Pops had his touched twice. It was almost absent minded. The ladies were just walking past us in the opposite direction and held out their hand to rub the hair between their fingers. It was so sweet and he didn't seem to notice.

3 comments:

x said...

This was me testing if we could backdate entries and so vring our old blog in to this one. And yes, I can!! So that'll be my next job!

razvana said...

hello. my name is Cristina, and together with my husband just moved here in muscat. i just discovered your blog so it will take some time for me to read it, but i will for sure do it. we will stay here for 3-4 years as my husband is working here for the construction of the new terminal of the airport. the thing is that we are looking for a small 2-3 bedroom villa and the travel agencies mostly suggest Wave area. can you give me please also your opinion? which area is the best, where do the expats live in muscat?
thank you soooo much!!!!
Cristina

x said...

Hi Cristina! Welcome! I'm not sure my blog will give you an insight into Muscat life but I'm glad you've stopped by!

The Wave is beautiful, very modern but I think very expensive. It will depend on your husband's financial package. If the company are paying for it, or subsidising it then go for it. It is a nice area and if you're only staying short term then I think it's ideal. We don't live far from the Wave and have friends living there.

There are other new developments but further away. Most of the other housing is older and if you want a new comfortable house then you can't go wrong with the Wave. AND it's close to the airport.

Good luck! Email me if you have any other questions!